Goodwill of Southern Arizona’s Job Connection Centers are FREE community based resources funded solely by the donations/sales from our retail stores. All 6 locations; 3-Tucson, 1-Benson, 1-Sierra Vista and 1-Casa Grande, offer access to computers with internet, phones, fax, copier and printer. The centers are staffed with on site Career Development Specialists who can offer guidance and assistance in the areas of basic computer skills, employment, education and/or community supports. Services are on a walk-in-basis, no appointments are necessary.
Customers at the Job Connection Centers can create email accounts, resumes and cover letters, review the job postings/referral board, search and apply to jobs online, seek guidance in interview preparation, career exploration, as well as learn about training/other opportunities and resources available in southern AZ. Also available via RSVP are monthly employment related workshops and various onsite job fairs.
• Benson - (520) 586-8839
205 S. Prickly Pear Road Benson, AZ
• Sierra Vista - (520) 895-5993
2105 E. Fry Blvd Sierra Vista, AZ
• Casa Grande - (520) 582-1004
1325 E. Florence Blvd. Suite #11 Casa Grande, AZ
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 12pm & 1 - 4pm
Closed 12 - 1pm
Reserved for workshops from 1 - 4pm on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. RSVP Required.
*Benson Center - open daily 10am - 6pm
Goodwill Job Connection Flyer (PDF Version)
Are you an Iraq or Afghanistan veteran in need of new skills to assist in finding a full time job?
Are you an employer who needs work completed but can't afford to hire a full-time employee?
The Goodwill Veteran Employment Program could be a perfect fit for you!
• Veteran of Iraq or Afghanistan
• Live within Pima County
• Register with Pima County through Intake and Test of Adult Basic Education scores to assess skill level
• Commit to 90 days of on the job training with pay of at least minimum wage
• Good candidate for 100% completion
Process for Veteran:
• Fill out online application now - click here
• Meet with Goodwill staff
• Attend intake process at Pima County
• Take the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) assessment with Pima County
• Complete all day Employability Skills (ES) training at Pima County
• Finish two-hour orientation at Goodwill
• Meet 100% attendance and 90% skills requirements
• Gain valuable work experience for future employment
• Meet with Goodwill to discuss your needs and approve the job description
• Participate in 30 minute Employer Orientation onsite
• Complete weekly evaluations and validate timesheets
• Agree to consider Veteran for full time employment at end of 90 days if there’s an opening
Program Dates for 2013: Recruiting starts July 2013
Did you know? Goodwill had 14,807 visits at their Job Connection Centers in Tucson, Benson, Casa Grande and Sierra Vista last year. That's enough people to fill McKale Center.